Pages

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Anchor Charts

One of the things I love most about being an elementary teacher is creating things WITH my students that become permanent fixtures in my classroom. Anchor charts are one of those things. There are a few misconceptions out there about these little gems and I would like to address a few...

  1. You DO NOT have to draw well or have fancy handwriting to make them...truly...you DON'T
  2. They will not be wallpaper if you make them together, keep them within reach of you and your students, and reference even after the unit or lesson
  3. They are NOT the same as an electronic projected slide with bullet points and clip art...I don't know why, they're just NOT! No, actually that is not true. I know why. They are more permanent and community created, those are two reasons :)
  4. I DO have a goal of some things I would like to have on there, and often guide my students to their understanding of the concept or point through class discussion. I DON'T practice writing before or drawing
  5. Post-it correction tape is the BEST FRIEND of anchor chart makers!
Here are a few from my room that we made so far this year....



No comments:

Post a Comment